Adobe Photoshop is an application that is classified as the most popular and is still widely used by various groups ranging from beginners to professionals.
This time I will start sharing tutorials along with various tips and tricks that are basics of using Photoshop, so that you can learn Photoshop more easily. And to start this tutorial, I will provide tips for resizing images as one of the basic tutorials using Photoshop.
Here's how to resize an image in Photoshop:
1. Please open your Adobe Photoshop application regardless of version.
2. Open and select the image / object that we will resize by clicking File → Open or CTRL + O then selecting the image.
- After image is successfully opened, now you only need to duplicate image by pressing CTRL + J on background layer then turning off the background layer by clicking the eye icon. background layer is turned off so worksheet has only one main image to resize later.
|Turn off background layer|
- Next, make sure you click on the duplicated layer. For example, as shown above then press CTRL + T and select Free Transform.
|Select Free Transform|
- Then, all you have to do is pull the edges of the image inward so that image is reduced and outward so that image is enlarged. Don't forget when dragging process is complete you press Shift / Shift + Alt so that image still has same image.
|Pulls edges image inward|
- Once done you just need to hit enter to save the new image.
- Also, you can try each feature in Transform Tool by pressing CTRL + T again, then selecting another feature. For example, I'm here selecting Perspective feature on image so we'll change the perspective on image.
|Selects Perspective feature on image|